Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day.. Snow Day.. Snow Day...

Yes, that is right we are on our 3rd snow day. This means our 3rd day of being trapped at home and our 3rd day of wearing pajamas all day (don't worry they are clean ones each day). My mom is still in town and we are having the coldest temperatures that Texas has seen in 15 years and the longest streak of cold temperatures in 22 years. I'm a little disappointed because we can't get out and do very much, however it makes me very thankful that we got out every day last week and did things. I can't believe how beautiful the weather was here last week! Sawyer, my mom, and I all ate lunch outside. I think I'm finding out that the changes in Texas weather from one day to the next are even crazier than the changes in Nebraska weather.

Sawyer has now moved on from eating avocado's to banana's and now to sweet potatoes. So far sweet potatoes are his favorite! I can't say I'm enjoying changing those poopy diapers though they are stinky and thick (sorry for the detail). He really enjoys making raspberry noises while he has sweet potatoes in his mouth.. which makes for a mess of sweet potatoes. It's fun watching him chew liquid and see how proud of himself he is while he eats. He was supposed to have his 6 month check-up yesterday and get shots, but he was saved by the snow. We had to reschedule it for next week when this weather is (hopefully) out of here. I think we have another storm headed our way and it looks like it's supposed to come on Monday when my mom is supposed to leave. Maybe this means she will get to stay a little longer with us? :)

1 comment:

  1. it was so hard to leave you two. but strange ... when i left so did the storms:) we were meant to have "quality" time together. and have our patience tested .. i love you. mom/grandma

    ReplyDelete