Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's the Little Things in Life...


My Mom left yesterday for Oregon. I was so sad to see her go so were Sawyer and Howie. Howie sniffed all over for her when I got back from the airport and Sawyer kept looking on the couch to see if she was there. Not long and I'll see her again it's just hard to have her leave after having such a wonderful trip. I treasure every moment I get with my mom and I'm very thankful for the special relationship that I have with her. Yesterday and today have been quiet and a bit lonely. I'm thankful I have my son to smile and cheer me up. I got back from the airport and cried because I missed my mom so much and of course Sawyer just started to laugh at me which made me smile and laugh back at him. Either I look very goofy when I cry or he sensed how sad I felt and wanted to make me happy, I think I'll go with both. I'm also very thankful for all of the time I get to spend with Sawyer. I know it's difficult for Matt to be away and not to be here to see the changes that Sawyer is going through. I'm happy he will be home soon.

Sawyer really laughs out loud more every day. It's been fun to dance around the kitchen, make funny noises and silly face, play peek-a-boo, and sing silly songs to make him laugh. He truly lights up my world and brings a happiness to my life that cannot be explained in words. I love seeing the world, or trying to see the world through his eyes. It's the smallest things in life that are important. It's not the expensive toy that matters it's just the noise of the plastic fruit snack wrapper that is fun to play with, or the grocery list to crinkle up in his hands (and attempt to put it in his mouth), and it's not the nice clothes because he's happy in anything, even naked. He smiles at everyone he sees and attempts to talk with his little noises. It really is amazing the life lessons you can learn from a child. I love how he has no worries. I hope that no matter how old he gets or the life experiences that he has, he can still view the world this way.

I better get some sleep while I can, goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. my heart hurt when i left you two. thank you for what you wrote.
    i love you...forever mom/grandma

    ReplyDelete