Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

August 4th: Tonight Paul, Becky, Kenzie, Camden, Matt, Sawyer, and I all went out to dinner at Quizno's and then to Academy Sports after. I changed Sawyer's first diaper in public on the changing table in the bathroom. It wasn't too bad, but I felt pretty proud of myself. Then I was able to enjoy another first, Sawyer was hungry so I fed him in the fitting room. It wasn't the most comfortable place, but I fully understand the convenience of breast feeding compared to bottle feeding. After Academy Sports the three of us went to Target for a few items. Sawyer slept through most of that which was good. Overall he had a good day. :)

August 5th: Sawyer didn't sleep very well last night he was up for most of the night. It made for a long night for Matt and I. Today Sawyer got his 2nd bath so far which went a lot faster than the first one. He still doesn't like to take a bath and cried during most of it. After not sleeping last night, Sawyer has slept most of the day today really only waking up to eat before falling back asleep. This has been nice so Matt and I could rest up. I'm hoping it doesn't mean that he will be awake all night though. Pray that tonight goes better than last night. Tomorrow Brent and Kerri get back from the Bahamas and they arrive in Atlanta. Tim lives in Atlanta and Scott and Amelia will be there for a conference. Matt, Sawyer, I are going to attempt our first road trip to Atlanta tomorrow. It's only an hour and a half drive so we are going to try and visit everyone and go out to dinner there with Matt's whole family. Wish us luck, I'll let you know how it goes.

Sawyer got a bath today.. it was his 2nd one.. I can't say that he liked it much better than he liked the first one. It's ok though they will grow on him eventually. Matt and I were a lot faster at giving him this bath than we were the first time.Sawyer getting his 2nd bath

All clean after his bath and worn out, so he decided a nap sounded nice :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going great with Sawyer. They don't do much now but eat, sleep, cry, and poop...and it sounds like you have all those under control. It seems now like you will never get to sleep the whole night through, but it will come and when you look back you will think, well, that wasn't so bad.:) Then you'll just move on to the next big growing step. We're working on potty training with Morgan and I'm waiting for the time when we will look back and think that wasn't so bad. Love, Aunt Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want pictures :) you're a good momma, i love you. mom/grandma judy

    ReplyDelete