Monday, August 9, 2010

Trip to Atlanta and Sawyer is 3 weeks old!

Friday August 6th: Matt, Sawyer and I went on our first road trip to Atlanta. Sawyer was really good he slept the whole entire time on the way there. We stopped at Tim's apartment before dinner and fed Sawyer and changed his diaper, then he managed to fall back asleep and sleep through dinner. I can't complain, Matt and I both got to eat our whole meal and spend time with everyone. Matt's whole family was there. Becky,Paul, Scott, Amelia, Micah, Elliot, Kerri, Brent, Kenzie, Camden, Tim, Kim, and Paul and Becky's friends Jim and Nancy Freud got to come to dinner too. Matt's Aunt Tammy even stopped by to say hello at the end of dinner. On the way back home however Sawyer didn't sleep the whole time he cried for the last 45 minutes of the trip. I think he wanted to be held and was stuck in his car seat. He was pretty worn out though and slept from about 2 am til 7 am the next day!
Sawyer sleeping on the way to Atlanta (he doesn't look too comfortable)

Tammy holding Sawyer

Saturday August 7th: Sawyer is 3 weeks old today, I can't believe it has already been 3 weeks! My roommate from college, Julie, came to visit today. She is staying until Tuesday to see Sawyer for a bit. Tonight Julie, Sawyer, and I went out to dinner at Panera. Sawyer cried the whole entire time we went out. So I held Sawyer while Julie ate and then she held Sawyer while I ate. We decided after dinner it was time to go back home. Of course when we got back home Sawyer was done with his crying episode. While we were at Panera I saw Sawyer's first tear come out of his eye. It was just one that rolled down his left cheek. I'm thankful that there weren't anymore than just one.. something about crying with tears seems a lot more sad.
3 weeks old.. already...

Julie and Sawyer

Julie and Sawyer again

No comments:

Post a Comment