Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sick Baby

Sawyer still isn't feeling well. His cough doesn't seem to be getting better and he's really fussy. I still haven't had to sleep holding him upright which I'm thankful for. However, he isn't sleeping too great, but when was he? :) His little nose is so runny and he hates when I suck his snot out of his nose. Last night or early this morning I guess I should say he woke up around 5 am and wouldn't stop crying. I changed his diaper, gave him acetaminophen, sucked his snot out, put saline drops in his nose and fed him. It took awhile but he calmed down and went back to sleep. I hate seeing him not feel well. I'm hoping that over the weekend his cold hit the worst part and this week he will start to recover. Until he feels better I think we will be taking it easy around here. I was going to go to MOPS on Wednesday for the first time, but if Sawyer still doesn't feel well we might have to try next Wednesday instead.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a MOPS group to join! I'll be anxious to hear what you think about your group! I'm sorry to hear that Sawyer is sick. It's no fun seeing them feeling bad. My pediatric suggested rolling up a towel and placing it under their mattress to elevate their head slightly to help with breathing. I also remember sitting in the bathroom with Morgan with the shower running on hot to let her breathe in some steam. Good luck and I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the tips Christa! Love you!

    ReplyDelete