Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grandpa Dale's Birthday

My dad would have been 56-years-old today, of course there isn't a day that goes by when I don't miss him. However, days like today I miss him just a little bit more. Of course I know that if he were here he'd be mad if anyone bought him presents because just spending time with everyone was enough. We would go out to dinner and for dessert I'd split chocolate cake with him. This year if he were here I wouldn't get to split chocolate cake with him though because it upsets Sawyer's tummy. Instead, he would be a proud grandpa who would love spending time with his grandson and that would be the best birthday present for him. I see my dad in Sawyer with his "butt" chin and even more I see my dad in me. It's been fun being a mom and I enjoy every minute of it. A lot of which I learned from my dad. I learned not to take any moment for granted and to enjoy the little things. I've learned to find happiness in everything and make the best out of any situation. I have learned to be an amazing parent from my dad (and my mom of course). I look forward to Sawyer growing up and teaching him the things that my dad taught me. I'll love Sawyer no matter what happens in our lives, no matter what trouble he gets into later on. I'll make sure he treats people how he wants to be treated and to treat everyone kindly. I'll tell him every day how I think he is handsome, loving, and beautiful not only on the outisde, but the inside as well. There was never a day where my dad didn't make me feel loved and special and the same is what I want for Sawyer. I look forward to going to all of his athletic events and being one of his biggest fans along with his dad. There is so much I want for my little boy as does any parent for their children. One thing I'll make sure is that my dad continues to live on in me and in Sawyer by the way we treat others. Also, even though Sawyer's Grandpa isn't around to watch him grow up. Sawyer will know what a wonderful Grandpa he would have had. He'll always know that his Grandpa is his Angel watching over him and keeping him safe.

2 comments:

  1. love you.
    love sawyer.
    love your dad (and mom)

    I am lucky I got to know him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well today sept 12th..i just read your blog. i'm so thankful you learned so much from your dad in the short amount of time we had him. it's a gift from him that is yours forever to keep. i love you... mom

    ReplyDelete