Friday, November 19, 2010

Another long night....

I'm trying to get better at blogging. It has been so difficult lately with all of our traveling. I'm really looking forward to getting settled in our own home :). Just in time for Christmas too! I'm really looking forward to Sawyer's first Thanksgiving (even though he can't eat the great food) and Christmas.

Last night was another long day and long night. Sawyer isn't really taking naps for a long period of time. I think we get about thirty minutes in here and there. Around 9:30 Sawyer went to bed, but it wasn't for long. Twenty minutes later he woke up and stayed awake until about midnight and then woke up at 2:30 in the morning and stayed awake until 4 am. This being awake until 4 am wasn't fun it was filled with Sawyer screaming, me finally calming him down, laying him down to sleep, and his eye balls instantly popping open the second I layed him back down for bed. This led to more screaming and chewing on my shoulder because his teeth hurt. It's hard not being able to do anything, I had already given tylenol at 12 before bed and I couldn't give it again until 4 am. Luckily, Sawyer slept from 4 to 8, still not a lot of sleep for me, but I will take the 4 consecutive hours instead of waking up every 2. Right now he is napping and has been napping for almost 2 hours. This is his longest nap in a few days.

Tomorrow Granny and Grandpa Moore come to visit for Thanksgiving and bring down all of our things from Chattanooga so we are ready to move on December 1st. I'm so thankful for all of the help we have gotten from so many people. There is no way we could have done any of this without them. Love and support from family and friends has truly meant the world to me. My car will finally arrive tomorrow Paul and Becky are driving it down with all of our other things. This will mean more time for Sawyer and I to get out and do a few things. I think he does better at night when he can get out in the car and do something during the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!! It looks like I'm able to leave comments again! Teething is a tough time. I remember going through it with Morgan and the only thing I can remind you is that it will get better!! It's hard to remember that in the middle of the night with a crying baby though. I'll be keeping you and Sawyer in my thoughts for sleep and pain- free teeth!! I'm glad you're getting settled and matt's enjoying his job. It's good to hear from you via the blog and I owe you a phone call. Talk more soon!

    ReplyDelete